The wind continues to howl on the Atlantic Seaboard of Cape Town which resulted in a last minute venue change from Camps Bay to the iconic Clifton 4th Beach last night changing the views, the buildout and most importantly the softness of the sand for the players.
With a loss of play last week due to the winds, it was a total of 18 matches for Round 2/3 with some sides running out three times across the evening. The action was jam packed with steps, dancing, hands, fitness and non-fitness as the stars began to rise to the top as we hit the half-way point of the regular season.
It was an evening of big score lines as the Amazing Galaxy Warriors, ITEC 7STARS and both CB Legends squads look devastating with the others looking likely to be making up the numbers at this stage other than the UCT boys running out for Caprice Cobras who will certainly have a say come finals day.
AGW who are new to the sand this season continue to wow those on the sidelines with their footwork and handling alongside precision that only training and playing together can bring. Big wins over ITEC and the Inbetweeners barely bought a sweat.
It was a night for the old school though as the defending champions CB Legends dusted off some of the issues from week one and scored freely on both fields as Mynt CB (11) and RPF CB (23) were barely defendable much to the joy of the champs and the chagrin of the opposition.
The Husk All-Stars who were finalists in the spring looked to have it on point again this season with three good and big wins last night in Pool B. They seem like the forgotten men a little this season with the introduction of the Galaxy Warriors but as with the Spring, their defence and attack work in unison as they put Flying Fish, WheyO and Tyson Tigers to the sword with savage precision.
The Series continues next week as sides shuffle for position for finals day. The top four teams from each group will qualify for the Cup with prizes for Cup, Plate and Bowl winners. Who will challenge the Warriors? Can CB continue their form or will Husk cause an upset? Only the sand can tell.
Team of the week and awards will be announced on Monday,
- RPF CB Legends 7.1 Caprice Staff
- Husk All Stars 6.2 WheyO Warriors
- ITEC 7STARS 0.4 AGW
- Mynt CB Legends 4.1 Caprice Cobras
- KPMG 0.4 Inbetweeners
- FWJK 2.5 Flying Fish
- Tyson Properties 3.2 SOB Barbarians
- ITEC 7STARS 5.0 KPMG
- Mynt CB Legends 3.0 FWJK
- RPF CB Legends 7.2 SOB Barbarians
- Husk All-Stars 7.0 Tyson Properties
- AGW 7.1 Inbetweeners
- Caprice Cobras 3.0 Flying Fish
- Caprice Staff 3.1 WheyO Warriors
- ITEC 7STARS 8.1 SOB Barbarians
- Mynt CB Legends 4.0 Tyson Properties
- RPF CB Legends 9.1 Inbetweeners
- Husk All-Stars 2.0 Flying Fish
Pool A - PLAYED - WON - LOST - DRAWN - FOR - AGAINST - POINTS
1. RPF CB Legends - 5 - 4 - 1 - 0 - 30 - 13 - 12pts
2. Amazing Galaxy Warriors - 4 - 4 - 0 - 0 - 24 - 5 - 12pts
3. ITEC 7STARS - 5 - 3 - 2 - 0 - 21 - 12 - 9pts
4. Inbetweeners - 5 - 2 - 3 - 0 - 12 - 23 - 6pts
5. Caprice Staff - 4 - 1 - 3 - 0 - 8 - 20 - 3pts
6. KPMG - 4 - 1 - 3 - 0 - 3 - 12 - 3pts
7. SOB Barbarians - 4 -0 - 4 - 0 - 3 - 16 - 0pts
Pool B - PLAYED - WON - LOST - DRAWN - FOR - AGAINST - POINTS
1. Husk All-Stars - 5 - 4 - 0- 1 - 18 - 4 - 13pts
2. Mynt Café CB Legends - 5 - 4- 1 - 0 - 16 - 3 - 12pts
3. Caprice Cobras - 4 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 12 - 5 - 7pts
4. Flying Fish - 4 - 2 - 2 - 0 - 5 - 7 - 6pts
5. Tyson Properties - 5 - 2 - 3 - 0 - 6 - 15 - 6pts
6. FWJK 4 - 1 - 3 - 0 - 6 - 13 - 3pts
7. Whey O Warriors 4 - 0 - 4 - 0 - 11 - 4 - 0pts