The boys of summer returned to the Beach on Thursday for the penultimate round of the Beach Rugby Series with all to play for many of the sides ahead of finals day on October 2nd on Camps Bay Beach, Cape Town.
The CB Legends have proven that it's very much age before beauty and they are happy to tell everyone so as they racked up two more wins last night over a flailing Inbetweeners side who look a shadow of last season and the Caprice Staff in a feisty game.
The Legends who are returning with two sides for summer season have had things much their own way in the Spring and they barely got out of 2nd gear in beating last seasons finalists 5.0. They did not have things all their own way though when they took on the Caprice Staff side later on in the evening running out 2.0 winners in a match that saw Caprice find some holes but not get the sand as they had done in their 3.0 win earlier on in the evening against the Switch Members.
The Members who have been a great addition to the Spring Season have shown some real skill and are the youngest side in the league. They have grown into the beach game and have adapted as the season has run on which was finally proven with their first win of the season over the Inbetweeners 2.1 in the final game of the season as Spain 7s star Jaike Carter threw a last play of the game interception that was taken and raced over for the score sparking smiles all round.
Husk All-Stars remained unbeaten and kept the heat on the Cobras at the top of Pool B but they could not move ahead of the UCT boys who kept their calm and played themselves back into the game for 2.2 score in the much anticipated rematch that leaves things evenly poised at the top of Pool B.
A star studded Switch Players team including Montgomery and Abbott once again found some form with a 4.0 win over the Flying Fish which keeps them 3 points ahead of Caprice Staff in 2nd place. With the two sides slated to play one another next week things are set up nicely for the final week of the regular season.
Following the final week of the season, the teams will be split into Cup and Plate Groups for the FInals Day on October 2nd with the sides battling it out for Beach Kings of Cape Town title!
Results from Round Four
- CB Legends (5) v (0) Inbetweeners
- Switch Members (0) v (3) Caprice Staff
- Switch Players (4) v (0) Flying Fish
- Husk All-Stars (2) v (2) Caprice Cobras
- CB Legends (2) v (0) Caprice Staff
- Switch Members (2) v (1) Inbetweeners
Standings ( P - W - L - D - PF - PA - Pts)
- CB Legends - 6 - 6 - 0 - 0 - 28 - 0 - 18pts
- Switch Players - 6 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 13 - 8 - 11pts
- Caprice Staff - 6 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 10 - 10 - 8pts
- Flying Fish - 6 - 0 - 6 - 0 - 3 - 19 - 0pts
- Caprice Cobras - 6 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 15 - 6 - 11pts
- Husk All-Stars - 6 - 2 - 0 - 4 - 18 - 8 - 10pts
- Inbetweeners - 6 - 1 - 4 - 1 - 7 - 20 - 4pts
- Switch Members - 6 - 1 - 4 - 1 - 4 - 19 - 4pts
Final Week of Regular Season Fixtures
- 5.30 - Switch Players v CB Legends
- 5.42 - Flying Fish v Caprice Staff
- 5.54 - Husk All-Stars v Switch Members
- 6.06 - Caprice Cobras v Inbetweeners
- 6.18 - Switch Players v Caprice Staff
- 6.30 - Flying Fish v CB Legends
- 6.42 - Husk All-Stars v Inbetweeners
- 6.54 - Caprice Cobras v Switch Members