With Round 2 of the Beach Rugby Series postponed by a week due to a crazy well on Camps Bay, the players returned the beach desperate for action and the weather held for that to take place.
The CB Legends arrived with one goal in mind and that was to raise the already high level of play following a win and a draw on opening night.
They were almost Fijian in their dominance as they scored 11 unanswered tries in their 2 games and are now poised to be the team to beat.
The Husk All-Stars remained consistent and drew their 3rd consecutive game of this series against a well-oiled Switch Members team who were much improved from opening night.
A similar stalemate took place when the Caprice Staff had a crack at the Inbetweeners. Last seasons finalists struggled without Ryle and Raph on world lifeguarding duty and were winless on the evening.
The last 2 games were a 1 sided affair when it came to the score tally, but not so much so on the sand.
Some lucky breaks and hard work of the winning teams - Caprice Staff & Caprice Cobras - was the catalysed for wins, games which could have gone anyway on the night. The Cobras are going about their business well and remain unbeaten this series
Round 2 Results
CB Legends (7) v (0) Switch Members
Caprice Staff (1) v (1) Inbetweeners
Switch Players (0) v (4) CB Legends
Husk All-Stars (1) v (1) Switch Members
Flying Fish (0) v (4) Caprice Staff
Caprice Cobras (4) v (0) Inbetweeners
- CB Legends - 3 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 16 - 0 - 9pts
- Switch Players - 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 5 - 5 - 4pts
- Caprice Staff - 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 5 - 6 - 4pts
- Flying Fish - 3 - 0 - 0 - 3 - 1 - 10 - 0pts
- Caprice Cobras - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 9 - 1 - 7pts
- Inbetweeners - 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 6 - 5 - 4pts
- Husk All-Stars - 3 - 0 - 3 - 0 - 4 - 4 - 3pts
- Switch Members - 3 - 0 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 12 - 1pts
All in all another great round of beach rugby with a few names standing out.
Team of the Week:
Jaudasche Malan (Switch Members) Explosive speed off the mark, high energy player and the pivot in the game
Nick Aitken - CB Legends (New addition to the team but an experienced beach player, powerful left step which punished flat footed defenders, create simple 3 on 2’s)
- Warren Hill - Inbetweeners (Mr Consistent who not only controls the troops, he puts his body on the line while keeping his silky skills in tact)
- Keenan Jacobs - Cafe Caprice (Out and out pace man who will through the finest of gaps after creating space for himself - scores a few tries)
- Brent McDougall - CB Legends (Accurate passing with an good dummy to go with it, he took the CB Legends and play to the next level)
- Switch Player of the Week: Nick Aitken - CB Legends
- CIPLA Nutrition MVP of the week - Brent McDougall - CB Legends